Food waste collections temporarily suspended
Due to current reduced staffing levels separate food waste collections will be suspended from Wednesday 28 July until further notice.
You can put food waste in your non-recycling bin/bags instead, this includes any waste that has not been collected. To help households with less room in their bin one extra bag of rubbish can
be put out with non-recycling.
We are sorry for the disruption this will cause. These temporary changes mean that staffing resources can be used to focus on non-recycling waste
(which includes nappy and incontinence waste collections for existing subscribers) and recycling collections. Garden waste collections are also continuing but collections are currently delayed.
You can check if your collection has been rescheduled using the box below and continue to leave your rubbish out. Our crews are
working hard to catch up and will be there to collect it as soon as they can.
Please help us by sharing this information with your friends, family and neighbours and those without access to the internet.
More information can be read on our news page
Thank you for your patience at this time.
You can check your collection day or see if your collection has been rescheduled using the box below
- select choose an address
- enter your postcode or street name
If your household is self isolating please
- put personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths into a securely disposable rubbish bags.
- bags should then be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste.
- put these aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin.
- clean the handles on your bin and containers with disinfectant before and after they been emptied.
For the latest information on the council's response to coronavirus and service updates www.harlow.gov.uk/coronavirus